The following clubs meet once a week in school to help children to learn and acquire life skills. The students of classes VI to X must choose to be a member of any one of the clubs as per their choice. The clubs offered are:
- CULTURAL CLUB: Learning the performing arts to pass on the Cultural Heritage of India, from generation to generation.
- GK CLUB: To help children who are good in general knowledge to become avid quizzers. To sharpen one’s intellect and think out of the box.
- HEALTH & WELLNESS CLUB: To encourage children to adopt a healthy life style through exercise, and a balanced diet. Learn yoga and meditation and all about the benefits of a balanced diet.
- INTACH CLUB: Help children to appreciate and preserve our rich culture by being a part of the Indian National Trust for Art & Culture Heritage of India.
- INTEGRITY CLUB: To develop moral values and help others to imbibe the right values through activities. Try and become the moral police in school.
- INTERACT CLUB: To do social service and better the lot, of the economically weaker sections in society. To develop leadership qualities and develop friendship and fellowship.
- LITERARY CLUB: To help children improve and excel in their Communication skills; written and spoken. To write poems and stories and dramatize them.
- PEAS CLUB: To make children conscious of their environment and play their role through the Programme for Environment Awareness in Schools.
SMS has a house system, whereby all students and faculty are placed into four vertical groups cutting across grade levels to promote a further source of identity and positive student spirit. The four houses are named.
House meetings and house activities are scheduled throughout the year. Students are encouraged to support their house through a merit system, where good citizenship and particular effort is recognized. Merits are added up on a house basis and gain points for the houses accordingly.