ADMISSION, ENROLMENT, AND WITHDRAWALS
Criteria for admission include age, previous schooling, English language proficiency and scholastic assessments.
Age of students:
Birth dates of students will be verified from the original birth certificate before official admittance to SMS. Enrolment may be denied if the students’ age is significantly under or over the average age for his/her grade placement.
Previous school records:
Parents are responsible for submitting official documentation including transcripts, transfer certificates and test scores from their child’s previous school experience. The management is empowered to delay or deny admission if such documentation is not provided.
Placement of students is decided by the School Management alone. It is based on a number of factors, including age, previous school records and the student’s ability and needs. SMS reserves the right to reassign a student at any time if the School Management considers initial placement to have been inappropriate.
1.School tuition fees – The annual fee is divided into monthly instalments for the convenience of parents and guardians. Fees can be deposited in advance for any number of months or for the full session if so desired.
2. Fees must be paid for the months of April to March (12 months in all)
3. If the fee is not paid by the 10th of each month, a late fee of Rs. 200/- will be charged for every month of fee not paid.
4. No reduction or remission of fees may be claimed on account of holidays or absence due to illness, or for any other reason.
5. Caution Deposit is refundable in full only, after settlement of all dues and after 1 month of taking the T.C. No refund of caution money is made during the vacations- Dassera, winter and summer. A written request should be made for refund of the Caution Deposit, along with the caution deposit receipt.
6. A Clear Calendar month’s Notice in writing or a month’s fee in lieu of notice should be given before a pupil can be withdrawn either, from the school or bus service. 7. The School Board reserves the right to revise the fees if the need arises.
8. Timely payment of school fees is the responsibility of parents and no reminder will be issued by the school. Fees must be paid regularly before the 10th of every month. 9. FEE COLLECTION TIMINGS: Monday to Saturday: 9.30 am to 12.00 noon.
10. PROCEDURE FOR MID-TERM ENTRY: If the student enters during the term a full term’s fees is to be paid.
A written notice of withdrawal must be given ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE or one month’s fees are to be paid. Parents, who apply for transfer certificates between December and February, should pay the school fees till the end of the Academic year.